The Ghana Passport
Presently, a Ghanaian passport is the only reliable and universally accepted travel and identification document for Ghanaians who travel abroad. Issued to Ghanaian citizens only, a Ghanaian passport reflects the identity of the applicant as determined by documentary evidence of citizenship and documents to support identity.
Ghanaian citizenship may be acquired by birth, marriage, naturalisation, registration, adoption or by any enactment. Documentary evidence must be provided in support of any such claim.
Replacement of Lost/Stolen Passport
- Completed Application Form
- Copy of your photo ID
- Police Report
- Copy of computer-generated Birth Certificate/Copy of missing passport bio page if available.
- Completed statutory and Notarized Declaration forms.
- Four (4) most recent Passport size photographs with white background.
- Payment of QR. 474.00 (Qatari Riyals).
Passport Renewal and Acquisition Fees
|Emergency Travel Certificate||200.00|
|Authentication / Attestation & Legalisation||200.00|
Note: Clients who wish to acquire a 48-page Passport of 10-year duration shall be expected to pay QR 730.
- It is an offense under section 15 of the Passport and Travel Certificate Decree (NLCD155, 1967) of the Republic of Ghana for applicants, guarantors and witnesses to make false statements for the purposes of procuring a passport.
- Where it is not possible to prosecute such persons in a criminal court by virtue of residing outside Ghana, such persons shall be disqualified from holding or acquiring a Ghana passport; and any passport already issued to them shall be withdrawn and confiscated. They may also be arrested and duly prosecuted under Ghana law anytime they enter Ghana.